Cabbage coconut curry recipe
High in the hills in India on our tiger trek we had all manner of yummy food - including a cabbage / coconut side. This tastes pretty close and makes a good change from steamed cabbage in the winter.
- 1 cabbage, chopped
- 100 g. coconut, grated
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- Red chilies
- 1-2 sprigs of curry leaves
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, red chili, curry leaves and fry for 2 minutes.
- Grind the coconut, green chili and spring onions to a paste and add to the above. Fry for 2 more minutes.
- Add the cabbage and cook for 10 minutes or until the cabbage is cooked.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve with plain rice or chapathi.